- “Re-Hound,” Full Grown People, 2015
- “Croc Walks Into a Bar,” Full Grown People, 2015
- “Rider, Writer,” Raven Chronicles Humor Issue, 2015
- “His Adoption Secret,” Salon.com: Real Families, July, 2012
- “On a First Name Basis with my First Grader,” Brain, Child: The Magazine for Thinking Mothers, spring, 2012
- “Not Suitable for Children,” from Slow Trains, Clean Sheets, and Kalliope, 2002.
- “The Dogs of Sayulita,” from Literary Mama: Reading for the Maternally Inclined
- “The Strangler Fig,” from Crossed Genres: Science Fiction & Fantasy with a Twist
- “Small Minded”: The Original, Uncut Version of “Pinkie” — Twice the Length! — as it appears in The Erotica Writer’s Husband & Other Stories
- “Pinkie“: The Abbreviated Zyzzva and Best of Best American Erotica version
- “On Pinkie” — Jennifer D. Munro discusses the genesis of the short story “Pinkie,” a brief essay included in The Best of Best American Erotica 2008, 15th Anniversary Edition
- WordsWest Literary Series, Feb 18, 2015, at C&P Coffee. View it here on the WordsWest Literary Series webpage (scroll down for the video), or here on YouTube. Jennifer and poet Sarah Steinke trade the stage back and forth, and Jennifer’s on at 0.0, 15:55, and 24:30.
Cheap Beer and Prose at Richard Hugo Hose, 2012. YouTube video of Jennifer D. Munro reading “Super Terrific Reasons to Adopt an Older Child!” starting at about 6:00 into the video. Featuring Jeanine Walker warming up the crowd and introducing Jennifer.
- Inside Voice Mother’s Day Edition, 2017, featuring cast members from both years of Seattle’s Listen to Your Mother stage show (I’m about 26:00 in, but listen to the whole thing!).
A true, New Orleans ghost story told in June, 2012 at the Ballard Writers Jam at Egans Jazz Supper Club (where authors tell new, unpublished stories without the use of notes). Click on the audio link at the bottom of my Ballard Writers page.
“Motorcyling, Miscarriage, Munro,” an excerpted reading from “Shock” and an interview as part of the 2008 Jack Straw Writers Program. Included in the interview that precedes the reading is J.D.’s stunning revelation that sex and pregnancy are related.
The 2008 Jack Straw Writers recorded live at the Seattle Central Library. Fresh off a cold, J.D. for once sounds more Sexy than Snow White. She reads from “Stalled” at approximately 17:30 into the recording. Introduced by curator and poet Judith Roche, also reading are, in order: Michael Spence, Ghida Sinno, Jennifer D. Munro, Waverly Fitzgerald, Sharon Cumberland, Kevin Craft, Janna Cawrse Esarey, and Wendy Call.Hedgebrook at Babeland
Home | Blog | Return to Top